Wednesday 17 October 2012

Onwards

What's Up Next?

So...the next entry on the APAT calendar is the UK & Home International Team Championship and the United Kingdom Amateur Poker Championship in Stoke.

I've stuck my neck out and put my name forward for a spot on one of the three England teams...something I've never done before. I've never really seen myself as THAT good but I've gone deep in more than a few APAT events over the years and the team schedule includes PLO which is my #2 game (after PLO8).

I think I'm in with a shot for a wildcard/rookie spot but the captains will, no doubt, have some tough decisions to make.

I'm definitely going..hotel is booked already for Friday - Sunday (I found a monster deal with Premier Inn) and the drive from home shouldn't be more than 3 hours or so.

After that...it's Vegas (baby!)...and that, he said hopefully, will be awesome, mostly because Ger will be there for a week but it looks like some old mates from the London Poker Meetup might be there for a few days as well.